Many women dreamt of having long, luscious lashes so that they can look beautiful the moment they wake up. We all know that eye make-up can take a long time to apply especially when you are sleep deprived or in a mad rush for time in the mornings.
Most women (me included) do not have the time or good skills to apply fake eyelashes every day. So it’s no wonder that eye lash perming and lash extensions have become increasingly popular in recent years.
Also read my review of the IPL treatment for hair removal at Beauty Hope.
Eye Lash Perming or Extensions?
True, an eye lash perm would not look so obvious and dramatic as compared to a lash extension and I would still need to apply mascara but here are some of my careful considerations in deciding not to do lash extensions:
• There is a risk of having your natural lashes fall out if you tug at them accidentally, rub your eyes or pull off the lash extensions yourself.
• You need to be extra careful and gentle when washing your face and avoid using oil-based makeup and products around the eye area. I am not a very gentle person and always rub my eyes, so I may not be able to handle the extensions well.
• A lash extension typically last between weeks to a month whereas eye lash perming can last between 1-2 months.
• You need to go back to the lash specialist for touch ups to remove dangling lashes when the glue became worn out or for total removal of the lash extensions.
• You cannot do lash extensions frequently as the glue that binds to your natural eyelashes may cause them to fall off in the long run. However, you can do the eye lash perming at Beauty Hope once a month as not only does it curls your lashes, it also helps to treat and condition the lashes to promote lash growth.
Eye Lash Perming at Beauty Hope
My lashes are first coated with a special adhesive and wrapped around mini rubber rollers. The esthetician, Emily, mentioned that I have long upper and lower lashes to begin with so she used a bigger rubber roller on me. The rubber roller comes in a few sizes and the esthetician will decide which one to use depending on the length of your lashes.
This will hold the lashes in the desired curled position you are hoping to achieve. She then carefully applies cotton pads on the area to prevent the seepage of solution into my eyes.
Emily applies Solution 1 (perming solution) to my eyelashes with a tiny brush and covers the area in a plastic wrap for a few minutes. After the perming chemical has taken its effect, she then applied the Solution 2 (neutralizing solution) for a few minutes to set the perm in place, in the same way that hairstylists perm your hair.
After this comes the best part of the treatment and that is caring for my precious lashes with collagen serum to protect and strengthen the lashes. Emily then applies a lash conditioner on my lashes which helps to extend the lash, stimulate growth and helps the perm to last longer.
She recommends that I apply mascara daily to help the perm last longer or I can also buy the lash conditioner (transparent) from Beauty Hope.
Overall, I am very happy with the results. I do not need to play around with my mechanical curlers for this one month or so. The curls are very natural and hassle-free to maintain and I do not need to worry about knocking on it accidentally while washing my face and can still go about my usual routine. I can even sleep on my face without fear that the lashes will get tugged.
Of course, if you have an important function or event to attend and need to look really ravishing with fluttery long eye lashes, I do recommend doing the lash extensions which is also available at Beauty Hope. Their skilled estheticians are mostly from Malaysia and are well-trained to take care of all your beauty needs.
Blk 709 Ang Mo Kio Avenue 8, #01-2605 Singapore 560709
Tel: +65 6458 2293 | Hp: +65 8228 2293
Blk 261 Waterloo Street, #02-42 Singapore 180261
Tel: +65 6883 2293 | Hp: +65 8168 5199
No monetary compensation was received for this review and all opinions expressed were based on my own experience.