With the extended COVID-19 restrictions on dining out, I had not eaten crabs for a very long time. I was excited to order fresh Sri Lankan crabs from an online crab and seafood delivery service – 8 Crabs.
The website was intuitive and easy to navigate and it was a breeze placing my order and selecting my delivery day and time. Currently, 8 Crabs offers award-winning salted egg crabs, black pepper crabs and chilli crabs from $68-$125, depending on the weight/size of the crabs.
8 Crabs Promise
8 Crabs’ Advantages:
- Our processing premises is strategically located nearby the airport. Our technological advancements and huge manpower strength ensure that only the freshest catch reaches you.
- Wild catch crabs from Sri Lanka are meatier, bigger & better-tasting.
- We use experienced and industry renowned crab graders to ensure that you’re not buying empty shells.
- Authentic home-cooked taste of 5-star standard by partnering with chefs who were previously from highly prestigious restaurants.
- Our expertise ensures that each crab is treated humanely, and provided a temporal environment that would guarantee its survival.
- Only fresh crabs are used in cooking & dead crabs are discarded as there is no need to cook them with our strong supply.
- Freshly cooked upon your order
Unlike most crab delivery services, 8 Crabs pride themselves in not freezing their crabs and gravies and reheat them again just to meet demand and fulfil orders.
I always preferred black pepper crabs than chilli crabs as I do not eat bread and there was no point ordering mantous for dipping into the chilli crab gravy. I ordered the extra-large black pepper crab ($88), signature coffee pork ribs ($15) and stir-fried Kai Lan (medium, $14). 8 Crabs also offer free delivery for orders above $120.
The black pepper crabs were really fresh, succulent and huge with no empty shells. I like the sharp, pungent aroma of the black pepper gravy that was not too sweet and of the right spiciness for me.
My least favourite dish was the stir-fried Kai Lan as the gravy was starchy which has coagulated and I accidently ate some starchy clumps which wasn’t pleasant.
Overall, I really enjoyed the crabs and food from 8 Crabs and would definitely order crabs from them again to fix my crab cravings.