Alcheme specializes in providing customized & natural skincare formulations made from botanicals. Alcheme products do not contain any PEG, parabens, phenoxyethanol, silicones or animal-derived ingredients. Backed by 40 years of skin care research in Japan, Korea and Europe, Alcheme products are made in Singapore and also provides free delivery worldwide.
Most bespoke skincare would start from $120 and above but thankfully, we don’t have to fork out a hefty price for effective, personalized skincare as their prices start from SGD$50 for a moisturizer (15 ml), SGD$60 for a serum (15 ml) and SGD$65 for an eye serum (15 ml).
I went down to the Alcheme outlet located at Naiise Iconic, Jewel Changi, and met Constance Mandefield, Co-founder of Alcheme, to have a short skin consultation. Constance asked me questions about my lifestyle, environment and current skin condition. She then formulated my face serum and eye serum in the store while I walked around and my personalized products were ready in 15 minutes!
If you prefer to purchase your products online at your own time, you can also visit their website and answer a series of questions about your skincare goals (takes about 5 mins to complete). Your skin consultation will be saved online so that you can repurchase your formulations in future.
Going on a trip and require some tweaks to your formulation due to a change in weather/environment? Fret not, as you can share your special requests in the comment box at “check out” to let the Alcheme team know.
The serum is available in the Ultra-Light and Light texture, with fragrance or no fragrance. The Ultra-Light texture is more suitable for people with oily and combination skin types whereas “Light” works better for people with dry skin like mine. I opted for light texture with no fragrance. Note that adding fragrance does not add any benefit to the formulation.
The formulation is light-weight and absorbs instantly when I pat gently with my fingertips (starting from the cheeks & move outwards) without any greasy or sticky residue.
Constance informed me that my personalized face serum for anti-ageing and in-depth hydration contains:
- Vitamin C (anti-oxidant) – Reduces oil and melanin production
- Wu Zhu extract & Vitamin B3 – Improves uneven skin tone, smoothens skin texture & reduces the yellow undertone of my skin
- Panax Ginseng Root Extract, Babchi Seeds Extract & Hyaluronic Acid – Stimulates collagen production & plumps skin
- Centella Asiatica Leaf Extract – Promotes collagen production, increases skin firmness and reduces number & depth of wrinkles
- Albizia Julibrissin Bark Extract & Darutoside – Lifts sagging upper eyelid, reduces crow’s feet and age related dark eye circles & puffiness
- Cedrus Atlantica Bark Extract & Caffeine – Decreases overall dark eye circle surface & increases brightness under the eye by improving blood microcirculation
- Hyaluronic Acid, Japanese Camellia Seed Oil & Allantoin – Deep hydration for immediate smoothing and replumping effect
- Panax Ginseng Root Extract – Stimulates collagen production to enhance skin tonicity & firmness
- Moringa seed extract – Purifies & protects skin from damage related to pollution, cigarette smoke, dust & micro particles
I have very bad dark eye circles since young (even my sockets are dark!) and always joked that I do not need to apply any smoky eye makeup as they are already smoky!
I applied the eye serum by tapping gently from the inner to the outer corner of the under-eye area, taking care not to tug at the skin and then moved on to the upper eye area.
After using the products daily for about a month, I must say the products really help in hydration and reduction of fine lines but it did not really help in lightening my pigmentation and dark eye circles. Perhaps I need to use it longer to see better results. I heard that Alcheme will be including sun protection factors/sunscreen in their formulations soon and can’t wait to try it!