Topologie was founded by Carlos Granon, a rock-climbing enthusiast, who has a passion for adventures and expeditions to remote mountains and crags. Every Topologie product draws inspiration from rock climbing tools and gear to create a functional product that can reconnect urban living with the spirit of self-exploration in the unknown.
Multipitch Backpack Small Dry | $109
Built with a streamlined silhouette with a signature climbing sling handle for a sleek look, the backpack is made of polyurethane coated polyester and polyurethane coated poly-canvas which is durable, lightweight and water repellent. This makes a great piece to bring for my travels.
- Dimensions: 41.5 cm x 29 cm x 15.5 cm
- Capacity: 19L
- Padded laptop compartment for laptops up to 13”
- Padded shoulder straps
- 2 x inside pockets for small items
- Quick access pocket at the back for phone and card holder for EZ link card
After using the backpack for 2 weeks, I came out with a list of pros and cons about the things I liked and disliked about the backpack.
- Spacious and able to contain many items
- Padded laptop compartment and dry PU material of the backpack are a plus to protect the laptop
- The quick access pocket at the back makes it easy to extract my card conveniently whenever I need to take the train. I also put my Iphone XS in this pocket for quick, easy access.
- Hard to find certain small items like hair brush and handphone as backpack is a little deep (Hence, I prefer to put my handphone into the back access pocket instead).
- Smaller items could fit into the 2 inside compartments for small items but it would spill out if there were too many things inside as there were no zips
- Would be good to have a zipped compartment or something inside the backpack to hang a key pouch. I put my house keys inside a pouch so that it would not scratch my wallet.
- The shoulder straps tend to loosen and slide down at the end of day if I put too many heavy things inside but this tend to be the case with many backpacks.
Kalymnos Blue Patterned/Rose Gold Bracelet |$35.20
All Topologie buckles are made of jewelry grade brass and hypoallergenic IP-plating to ensure durability of the bracelet. The raw brass buckle is made without additional finishing and is specially designed to look rugged and resemble rock climbing hard wares. Hence, the metal will age and tarnish over time. The bracelet is made of Japan-made climbing cord with a special finishing to ensure durability.
Personally, I don’t think cord bracelets suits my clothing style and personality as I prefer solid gold/silver accessories that do not tarnish. So when I do wear the Topologie bracelet, I would layer it with my other bracelets to suit my outfits better. I also feel that the bracelet is a little pricey considering the materials used.
Do visit Topologie to check out their latest range of Dry backpacks and rock climbing inspired bracelets.
I received the products in kind for this review and all opinions expressed are my own.