My friend, Charles, was recently suffering from a leg injury and could not go out as often as he likes without the help of clutches. He came across YeYeah Delights and has been ordering from them for nearly 2 months now. The meals cost $208 for 20 days and this works out to be around $10 per meal, which I find is reasonable, considering that the meal is nutritious and delivered right to your doorsteps! YeYeah Delights does deliveries every Mondays and Wednesdays as their food can remain fresh for up to 3 days due to special food production processes. 🙂
Why is it so wholesome?
- The ingredients are chilled, not frozen, without any added preservatives.
- The nutritional content of meals are assessed and approved by a dietician. Each meal comes with a nutrition label so that you know your calories intake. For example, each Family Meal is 500 Kcal per meal and the Weight Loss meal is 400 Kcal per meal.
- A HACCP certified kitchen to ensure hygiene and food safety.
Their menu selections are categorized into Family, Confinement, Weight Loss, School going and Special meals and are updated weekly to provide more variety to the discerning palate.
- Although the dishes are sometimes repeated, the taste is generally consistent and smells fragrant too. The MSG level is controlled as you do not feel thirsty after each meal.
- The meal portions are fixed, yet the amount is sufficient as you do not feel hungry after that. Based from experience in ordering conventional Tingkats from other companies, their food either spoils after a while or the meat portions were too small. However, there was no such problems with YeYeah Delights. 🙂
- Generally, people would assume that chilled food are not fresh, however, from the video, we understand that the chilled food is to ensure continuity in the cold chain management to prevent the food from turning bad.
- The food may not be prepared on the same day but the taste and quality of food did not seem to be inferior. In the market, you often hear of companies offering cream of mushroom or cream of pumpkin but YeYeah Delights also serves cream of broccoli!
- The only downside is that you would need to have a microwave oven or steamer to heat up your food.
Review and photo credits: Charles Chee